Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tan leather
    replied
    It's pretty much a no-brainer. They're testing your commitment and not to be swayed/cowared. Obviously, you treat him as anyone else, follow protocol you'd deliver to anybody. Of course youd have to greet them as you know them, but stick to your training. If you let on you'd let him go, that's definitely not the answer they want to hear. HELLO.
    Last edited by tan leather; 09-29-2011, 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• hdblue
    replied
    Originally posted by pretty View Post
    In that situation.

It's really a tough question. If I am in that situation that can also be happening in real world......
    I would rather say, take me pass in this exam then I will show you what can I do. I am just a trainee, I have no right to arrest that subject.
    I greed with you. Thanks for sharing. I want contribute for developing my project.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at: Police officer interview questions

Take care.

Leave a comment:

• pretty
    replied
    In that situation.

It's really a tough question. If I am in that situation that can also be happening in real world......
    I would rather say, take me pass in this exam then I will show you what can I do. I am just a trainee, I have no right to arrest that subject.

Leave a comment:

• Anspray
    replied
    I'd arrest him for DUI, he should know better. :P

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It is not a tough decision in the minds of the people that are doing the hiring. Remember Police Officers are not above the law and need to set an example to the public.

Just my opinion............

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    tough decistion

Leave a comment:

• dsandhu
    replied
    I believe what interviewers will look for is, if you can make unbiased decision.

Leave a comment:

• dsandhu
    replied
    You know what real world is different than books and I agree we always have to be honest with the police departments during application process but being honest is a lot different than being stupid!

Leave a comment:

• dpst39886
    replied
    Say oh hi Mr. ?FTO? (Field Training Officer) be friendly, why not nothing wrong with that, after you ask for his license and registration say something like I smell an odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from you. Then ask if he is willing to do some (FST?s) field sobriety tests. It?s up to him after that. If he thinks he can do the fellow Cop thing don?t fall for that. Stay by the book?then call for a cover car or a supervisor to your stop just to protect your butt.

I will tell you the ?real world? is a lot different than the academy.

Leave a comment:

• dpst39886
    replied
    Say oh hi Mr. ?FTO? (Field Training Officer) be friendly, why not nothing wrong with that, after you ask for his license and registration say something like I smell an odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from you. Then ask if he is willing to do some (FST?s) field sobriety tests. It?s up to him after that. If he thinks he can do the fellow Cop thing don?t fall for that. Stay by the book?then call for a cover car or a supervisor to your stop just to protect your butt.

I will tell you the ?real world? is a lot different than the academy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The Correct Answer is that you treat him as if he were a stranger (not officer) and arrest him.

Just my 2-cents................

Leave a comment:

• Quest
    started a topic INTERVIEW Questions

INTERVIEW Questions

I have been through 3 interviews; 2 of them I thought I did great..but didn't fair as well as I thought I would and the third, I'm still questioning how I did.
    The worse question is; You pull a guy over because you suspect a DUI. As you approach the vehicle you know for sure he is drunk but he is also your training officer from when you were a rookie in training. What do you do?
    I won't give you my answer yet, but can I have some feedback on the correct answer for this type of situation?
Working...
X