NZ Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ Police

Anyone looking at joining the NZ Police? Would be great to have other people to chat with.

Hi, yeah i have just attended the seminar and have started training for the fitness tests. what stage are you at? it sounds like it will be a long process....

Comment

Hey, it's only a long process depending on where you want to get posted to. Where in NZ are you?

I am at the \"getting fit\" stage at the moment. Had a break and now getting back into it again.

Comment

I was looking at Christchurch but the waiting list will be atleast a year there, so have decided will be happy to move in order to get in ASAP, not sure if want to be posted in Auckland though. where are you looking at? i need a few more weeks to train for the test and then i think i am ready.

Comment

I definitely don't want to get posted to Auckland if I can help it. I'm looking at either Hamilton or somewhere around the central North Island. How long have you been training for?

Comment

i have only been training for a few months, still need to shave 1 minute off the run but should be easy enough if i really push myself. its the mental tests that i think i need more practice in. Auckland would be a bit mad for your first 2 years i recon.

Comment

Heya Guys,
              Anyone new to Police prep? Any new recruits in Auckland NZ ?
              Matt
              Auckland , New Zealand

Comment

Hey Matt
                Sorry don't check this site very often now. So have you sat your tests already??

Stacey

Comment

Exams

No i have not sat my tests yet... im loooking at sitting my tests in Auckland in DECEMBER. Freaky, but i cannot wait.. How you going? Have you sat your tests? Got any other advice that could help me, i only have to resit my maths exam and verbal.
                  Matt
                  Auckland , New Zealand

Comment

Hey Matt

Good on you for sitting it in December. No I haven't sat mine yet, hoping to in about 3 months or so. Just working on my fitness, swimming and studying. Are you from Auckland or just want to get posted to Auckland so you can get to Police College sooner?

Stacey

Comment

Hey

yea i am living in Auckland at the moment so I would def get postered in Auckland. So yea, should be interesting. Have you found anything that is really good for numerical study ?? that is the only one that i am worried about.

Thank goodness i am a swimmer, so that fortunately is no sweat.

Where do you wana be based now, have you decided?
                      Matt
                      Auckland , New Zealand

Comment

Hey all

Just joined site, hope to be sitting tests in Feb.
                        Has anyone sat the tests yet? If so how were they, and how do they compare with the tests on this site?
                        I am in ChCh but wont be waiting here for a spot as the wait is 2 years now.
                        Hope to hear form you all soon.

Shane.

Comment

Yo Shane

Sup,
                          welcome to the site. This sight really helped me in the proccess of getting prepared. All the tests are def at the correct standard. Not to sure on the maths tests, but they similiar. So where do you think you will get posted then ? Im un Aucks hopefully going down to wellington for training in March.
                          Matt
                          Auckland , New Zealand

Comment

Hey man.
                            Good to hear someone is out there. I wish I was just waiting to go to collage. These tests scare the shit out of me Maths is going to be the worst. I will look at going to Timaru as the wait there is only short. How did you go on the maths you said that was your worry?
                            Well back to the study.
                            Shane.

Comment

Maths

hey man,
                              I'm not meaning for you to loose sleep over it, but I did not think that is was a walk in park aye. Def harder then i thought though... The important thing is that you work through the test and get as many correct as possible. Its not designed to be finnished. You judged on how many you get correct. So yea, practise testing under pressure, like much quicker then these tests on here. ASL ? I got scope coming up in a couple of weeks ...)
                              Matt
                              Auckland , New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X