Winnipeg Police Service Recruit Class #149

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnipeg Police Service Recruit Class #149

Have any applicants heard from WPS after completing the June /09 Medical/Psych testing?

hey

You should here very soon because the class is starting end of August. WPS does not give you much time to get organized.

If I hear anything internallly I will post that a list has been published.

Nothing so far.

Goodluck
    WPS successful applicant- 3 yr on the job

Comment

Blake, any idea if there is a normal time that WPS announces recruiting for their upcoming classes? In this case I guess it would be 151.

Comment

anyone hear anything back from recruit class #150?

Comment

Not sure but they are already doing recruitment for 151 which will go to training in August 2010. I'm told the selection process takes 6 months so I would figure they would pretty much be close to done filling 150, but its only a guess.

Comment

i'm still in the background stage for #150, been waiting almost 3 months....still waiting to hear back....hopefully with a phone call

Comment

Just wondering for I have applied for class 151. Is the slection process one interview and then the background check? I know it used to be 2 interviews then the background? can anyone help.

Comment

Just wondering for I have applied for class 151. Is the slection process one interview and then the background check? I know it used to be 2 interviews then the background? can anyone help.

Comment

Originally posted by type-j
                  i'm still in the background stage for #150, been waiting almost 3 months....still waiting to hear back....hopefully with a phone call
                  Have you heard anything yet? I got a call about a week ago for medical and psych appointments

Comment

Originally posted by dirty
                    Originally posted by type-j
                    Have you heard anything yet? I got a call about a week ago for medical and psych appointments
                    Really? when was ur BGI interview?

Comment

these are just estimates for when you should get a response for class 150

I started training in February so I kind of have a general idea of the dates.

My class started on February 21, 2008

I think I heard about Psych/Medical about one month before the date so start to mid December

Psych/medical dates should be around January 7-11. It will be during the work week(mon-friday)

You will hear if you are hired about 3-4 before the start of the training date.
                      WPS successful applicant- 3 yr on the job

Comment

For those of you who have passed or are in process with WPS, did you use the Police Prep test simulations and how accurate where they to the actual test? Easier, harder?

Comment

Originally posted by spinner87
                          Its all right here http://winnipeg.ca/policerecruiting/...e/process.aspx

From what I understand, Panel Int (Suitability) before BGI, and selection panel is after that. No certain idea what is involved in that.

Strangely recruiting told me the visits required for out of town applicants and only mentioned the Panel, not selection interview. Maybe they made a mistake when I spoke with them, I know they told me the wrong vision standards.

Comment

there is a panel interview(competencies) then a BGI interview and then psychological testing....there is no selection panel interview

Comment

So just to clarify, there is no longer a Step 6 as listed on the website link I supplied in my last post?

As well I just wanted to check if there is anyone on here who has used Police Prep for the WPS written test and if so how accurate or well did it prep you for the actual test? Did your simulation marks reflect how you did on the actual test?

Comment

Working...
                              X