Question about drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about drugs

So ive wanted to be an rcmp officer since i could talk and ive stuck with it until now, Im quite worried about my past and i need to know if this will effect my pursuit to become a police officer. I was 17 years old and i bought ecstacy shortly after i bought it i realized what i had done and immediatly got rid of it.. i have done ecstacy twice in 2008 and i smoked weed around christmas in 2008 i know the weed is bad and i also know i have to be drug free for 3 years which im well on my way i dont do any at all or associate myself with any. I am more so worried about the ecstacy just need to know im kinda freaking out. appreciate any responses thank you

They usually look at harder drugs a bit more serious then "softer" drugs. I would talk with a recruiter to find out. The longer you wait the better your case will be.
    PATI- Passed Oct 16, 2010
    PREP- Passed July 23, 2011
    WCT- Passed July 23, 2011
    BPAD- Passed July 23, 2011
    Vision- **Referred** - Passed July 25, 2011
    Hearing- Passed July 23, 2011
    Application process- York Regional Police, Hamilton Police and Durham Regional Police - In progress

Comment

Originally posted by Erich33335555 View Post
      So ive wanted to be an rcmp officer since i could talk and ive stuck with it until now, Im quite worried about my past and i need to know if this will effect my pursuit to become a police officer. I was 17 years old and i bought ecstacy shortly after i bought it i realized what i had done and immediatly got rid of it.. i have done ecstacy twice in 2008 and i smoked weed around christmas in 2008 i know the weed is bad and i also know i have to be drug free for 3 years which im well on my way i dont do any at all or associate myself with any. I am more so worried about the ecstacy just need to know im kinda freaking out. appreciate any responses thank you
      Curious to know, how old are you now?
      A/Cst. Toronto Police Service

Comment

im 20 now and have had no association with anyone doing drugs or drugs themself

Comment

Still in school?

Comment

yes im in post secondary right now for policing, i contacted a recruiter and they said it should be fine as long im free for 3 years its just the buying im concerned about.. and i didnt sell just got rid of after.

Comment

Yeah I hear what you mean Erich... I think your best bet would be to finish your degree, start volunterring now and out of uni or college maybe try and get a little life experience. 20 is seen as young to some recruiters especially with experimental drug use in your past. Reflect on your drug use and take home some moral lessons that you have learned. The most important thing is be ready to account for your drug use because you will be grilled on it. See if you can volunteer locally with a D.A.R.E group. Might help show how you are using your past history to benefit yourself and society.... May be an angle to approach from....
              Application process- York Regional Police, Hamilton Police and Durham Regional Police - In progress

Comment

Originally posted by contrast2 View Post
                Yeah I hear what you mean Erich... I think your best bet would be to finish your degree, start volunterring now and out of uni or college maybe try and get a little life experience. 20 is seen as young to some recruiters especially with experimental drug use in your past. Reflect on your drug use and take home some moral lessons that you have learned. The most important thing is be ready to account for your drug use because you will be grilled on it. See if you can volunteer locally with a D.A.R.E group. Might help show how you are using your past history to benefit yourself and society.... May be an angle to approach from....
                Well, looks like you pretty much covered what I was going to say. Bravo!

Comment

Great minds think alike Auxpolice!

Comment

Awesome thank you, only 2 more years to go on the degree that should put some time in between myself and my past :P

Comment

Working...
                    X