Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Lines for applying to EPS for November intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Lines for applying to EPS for November intake?

Hello,
    I have decided this is the year I'm applying to EPS and I would like to be accepted into the November recruit class.

I've attended an orientation session and a "hands-on" opportunity to observe what policing may entail and at both sessions, it was emphasized that an applicant should not hand in their application, until they are ready to run the A-Prep.

I have hired a personal trainer to improve my odds of passing the A-Prep, but I don't want to apply yet, as I know I'm not ready for the physical test.

My question is, when should I submit my application if I want to be considered for the November class?

Obviously, the sooner the better, but I still want time to practice the mock exams on this site and get into better shape.

Do you know on average, how long the application process is taking and do you have a suggestion for me on when would be the latest I'd want to apply?

Thanks for your insight,
    Princessdandy

Originally posted by Princessdandy View Post
    Hello,
    I have decided this is the year I'm applying to EPS and I would like to be accepted into the November recruit class.

I've attended an orientation session and a "hands-on" opportunity to observe what policing may entail and at both sessions, it was emphasized that an applicant should not hand in their application, until they are ready to run the A-Prep.

I have hired a personal trainer to improve my odds of passing the A-Prep, but I don't want to apply yet, as I know I'm not ready for the physical test.

My question is, when should I submit my application if I want to be considered for the November class?

Obviously, the sooner the better, but I still want time to practice the mock exams on this site and get into better shape.

Do you know on average, how long the application process is taking and do you have a suggestion for me on when would be the latest I'd want to apply?

Thanks for your insight,
    Princessdandy

Honestly its very hard to day. If you are a very competitive applicant and the timing is right it can take you 2-3 months to do all the testing and interviews. In general, i would say its more of an average of 5-6 months with EPS. dont quote me on it, this is just my opinion based on everything i read in regards to process time.
    Best option is to email or call recruiting.
    To be honest, i think that novembre of this year is way to close. even if you where to send your application today i dont think you would make it for novembre class. There are many parts in the process, therefore alot of paper work to be reviewed by the recruiters + BGI etc.

Keep your hopes up, there will be 3 hire class in 2013 with over 30 recruits per class.

for training do alot of interval training(running), it will help for the shuttle run.
    Best of luck in the process

Comment

Thanks for your response, I had no idea it could take that long...

Comment

Working...
      X